Mahfud MD, Head of Kompolnas Refused to Answer Question Regarding Police General Threatened to Resign

The head of Kompolnas who is also the Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Mahfud MD refused to answer questions from members of the DPR regarding the three-star police general who threatened to resign in connection with the Ferdy Sambo case.

Previously, the related information was conveyed by Mahfud MD as the Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs. Mahfud said that there was a three-star general who threatened to resign from the police if the police did not immediately identify Ferdy Sambo as a suspect.

Mahfud refused to answer when asked at a hearing at Commission III. He said that he would only answer the question in front of two parties, namely the National Police Chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo and President Joko Widodo or Jokowi.

"I will only explain to two parties, one to the National Police Chief, the second to the President. No one can force me," said Mahfud.

Mahfud reiterated that he could not be forced to provide answers to the questions above.

"So I can't be forced into this matter," said Mahfud.

In fact, Mahfud was also reluctant to answer the question when the chairman of the meeting, namely the Deputy Chairman of Commission III Ahmad Sahroni, offered to hold the meeting closed.

"After this, we will ask Pak Mahfud regarding the submission only to the president and to the national police chief. Maybe if we make it closed, Pak Mahfud will talk to us like that?" asked Sahroni.

"No, I'll let the National Police Chief deliver it later," said Mahfud.

Previously, the question regarding the figure of a three-star general who threatened to resign was asked by Commission III member Sarifudding Sudding.

Sudding considered that Mahfud needed further explanation for his statement which had been made public.

"It raises speculation. It means that the internal police are not solid in handling this case," said Sudding.

"Well, I want to ask the truth from Mr. Mahfud, who exactly is the three-star and what is the problem with it? Yes, it is important for the public. Do not give the public half-hearted information," he continued.

Meanwhile, member of Commission III Benny K. Harman emphasized that there should be no questions that Mahfud refused to answer in the meeting forum at the DPR.

"Sir, I interrupted to support Mr. Sudding. I support him like this, Mr. Coordinating Minister, I think Mr. Coordinating Minister was once a member of the DPR. In this DP4 when asked, there is no right to refuse any questions from the DPR except for the sake of law enforcement," said Benny.

Previously, as Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs, Mahfud MD, said that there was a three-star general who was ready to resign regarding the case of Inspector General Ferdy Sambo. However, Mahfud was reluctant to name the general with the rank of Commissioner General (Komjen).

He only said the star general "threatened" to resign if Inspector General Ferdy Sambo was not a suspect in the case of Brigadier J.

This was said by Mahfud MD at the Indonesia Lawyers Club (ILC) event on Sunday (14/8/2022).

"I know there is a three star who came, 'if you don't want this report to immediately suspect FS, tomorrow morning I will withdraw,'" said Mahfud MD imitating the figure's words.

The former Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court (MK) revealed the reason for the three-star general who is about to retire, admitted that he felt useless if he was unable to uncover the case involving the former Head of the Propam Division.

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Mahfud MD, Head of Kompolnas Refused to Answer Question Regarding Police General Threatened to Resign"

Post a Comment