List of Boeing Aircraft Incidents That Make Pilots Fearful

Just three months into 2024, Boeing has been hit with a series of issues. Even the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has intervened to inspect the aircraft giant.

Last January, the FAA issued an order to temporarily halt the flight clearance for the Boeing 737 Max 9 operated by several US airlines. This followed several fatal incidents that occurred worldwide.

Most recently, 50 people were injured due to technical errors on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft. The flight originated from Sydney to Auckland.

Here are some incidents involving Boeing from January 2024 to date, as compiled from Newsweek, Friday (15/3/2024):

January 5

Alaska Airlines-operated Boeing 737 Max 9 for flights to Ontario had to make an emergency landing at Portland International Airport after part of its fuselage tore.

As a result of the incident, Alaska Airlines temporarily grounded all 737 Max 9 units for flights.

January 13

All Nippon Airways-operated Boeing 737-800 had to cancel all flight schedules on January 13 because the cockpit window cracked.

January 17

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken was scheduled to depart from Switzerland on a Boeing 737 on January 17. However, he had to take another plane because of an oxygen leak issue.

January 19

A viral video circulated on January 19 showing fire coming out of a Boeing 747-8 aircraft in Miami.

January 20

The steering wheel of a Delta Airlines-operated Boeing 757 suddenly detached while attempting to take off.

March 11

A Latam Airlines-operated Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner reportedly freefell during a flight from Sydney, Australia, to Auckland, New Zealand. The incident resulted in 50 passengers sustaining injuries.

March 13

An American Airlines flight, Wednesday local time, experienced technical issues. Quoting Reuters, the Boeing 777 had to make an emergency landing at Los Angeles Airport, USA. This came after the pilot found mechanical problems, as revealed in a statement on Thursday.

Pilots Fear Flying Boeing Aircraft

Several pilots admit to being nervous about flying Boeing aircraft. This follows several accidents that occurred during early 2024.

"It makes me silent every time I get on a plane," said Dennis Tajer, spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association and pilot for American Airlines, to CNBC International.

"I am silent not because I am thinking about how to fly it. But I have to make sure everything is safe," he said.

Earlier this week, Southwest Airlines and Alaska Air said flight plans could potentially be disrupted due to quality control issues with Boeing aircraft.

"All airlines are trying to ensure their flight plans are not compromised due to Boeing's failure," said Taher, a Boeing 737 captain.

"There are always changes every day," he said.

Furthermore, Tajer said his fear of Boeing currently is the worst in his career flying planes. Yet, he had flown Boeing 707s during Desert Storm in his military duty with the US Air Force.

"I was in the military, and Boeing aircraft saved me multiple times," he said.

"Back then it felt like the enemy was outside the aircraft. Now the enemy seems to be inside the aircraft," he explained.

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk " List of Boeing Aircraft Incidents That Make Pilots Fearful"

Post a Comment